Name: Troy Anderson
Phone: (02) 9224 1503
Fax: (02) 9235 1042
Admitted to the Bar: 2007
Admitted as a Solicitor: 1998
Education: Bachelor of Arts (Syd)
Diploma of Law (Syd)
Masters of International Law (Syd)
Grad. Dip. Legal Practice
Areas of Practice
Transport Law (particularly under the NSW Road Transport legislation)
- Court of Criminal Appeal Provides clarity on tendency and coincidence evidence, NSW Law Society Journal, June 2012.
- The criminalisation of cartel conduct, NSW Law Society Journal, October 2009.
- The brave new legal world of genetically modified crops, NSW Law Society Journal, April 2008.
- Opinion piece, Whaling protesters do the Government’s work, Newcastle Herald, 17 January 2008.
- Hook, Line & Sinker: the prosecution of foreign fishermen in Australian Waters Environmental & Planning Law Journal, Volume 26.
- Co-author, Carriage of Responsibility Legislation – Amendments to the Road Transport (General) Act, NSW Law Society Journal, September 2005.
- Trade Liberalisation & the WTO, Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law, Volume 7, 2002.
- Member of the NSW Law Society Journal’s book review panel since 2003 and continuing.
- 2011, 2012, 2013: Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions, Sydney regarding relevant appellate authority from the previous 12 months.
- 2009: ‘Incoterms: terms of trade and how to use them’ delivered to Baker & McKenzie Lawyers.
- 2009: ‘Piracy & the 21st Century’ delivered to Middletons Lawyers.
- 2008: Amendments to the Trade Practices Act 1974 - criminal prosecution delivered for Continuing Professional Development Seminars.
- 2007: Hook, Line & Sinker: the prosecution of foreign fishermen in Australian Waters, at the Maritime Law Association of Australia & New Zealand’s conference.
- 2005-07: Regular presenter to AON Risk Management on transport and general insurance issues.
- 2004-07: Regular presenter at DLA Phillips Fox to insurer clients on matters involving road transport, maritime, aviation and trade matters.
- 2008-2010: Chairman of the Maritime Law Association of Australia & New Zealand (NSW Branch).
- 2001-2010: Executive Committee member of the Maritime Law Association of Australia & New Zealand (NSW Branch).
- 2002-2006: Executive Committee member of the Sydney Marine & Transport Discussion Group.
- 2007 to date: Member of the NSW Bar Association.
- 2005 to 2010 : Member of the Arts Law Association of Australia’s pro-bono legal panel.
- 1998 – 2007: Member of the Law Society of NSW.